Sunday, November 24, 2013

Food Review: TGIF @ Canton Paradise Tea House


Went to try something different on Friday to celebrate TGIF! 
My hubby's work place is near Star Vista so we decided to try something new there. 

Was walking around exploring the place and saw Canton Paradise Tea House which was filled with people.
I've heard from my bestie that Paradise Group's food are all really good so we decided to give it a try. 

It was our first time there, so we randomly ordered the following: 

 1. Baked BBQ Honey Pork Bun


I like this bun because it's not too oily and the skin is thick. I really like bun with thicker skin and lesser filling.
But to my hubby, this bun is not to his liking. 
He said the skin is not crispy enough. 
As compare to Tim Ho Wan's Char Siew bun, we still prefer Tim Ho Wan

2. Signature Shrimp Dumpling Noodle


We ordered this because it's supposed to be their signature noodle but to our disappointment, the noodle is extremely normal and plain. The shrimp dumpling tastes like those frozen instant cook food. 
So we'll suggest that you don't try this. Waste of calories and money. 

3. XO Fried Carrot Cake

If you do not mind gaining some calories, I'll recommend you to try this. 
This carrot cake is really tasty with golden crispy fried skin fused with XO taste.
The downside is that it's pretty oily as you can see. 

4. Fried 桂花糕 

Okay, I have to say, this is the worst!

It's too sweet, the water chestnut is crunchy, and the whole thing is extremely oily. 
Fattening and not tasty. 

I guess Gui Hua Gao is not preferred to be fried. 


The overall experience at the restaurant is average. 
The service is good and the waiting time for the food is short. 
However, the food is to our disappointment. 

I guess maybe we have ordered the wrong dishes and they have better dishes. 
But once bitten twice shy so I guess I won't be planning to patronize this place any sooner. 

But if you'll like to try their other dishes, the location is as follow:

#B1-45/46, The Star Vista, 1 Vista (nearest MRT: Buona Vista)


Ciao, 
Evelyn 


1 comment:

  1. Good sharing about Canton Paradise, please feel free visit back my blog about Canton Paradise too. The url is:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/canton-paradise/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...