Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Breastfeeding Mums (BFM) 2015 Year End Gathering

For those who follow my blog will have read that I'm a breast feeding supporter and also a member & admin in the Breastfeeding Mums (BFM) group on Facebook.

You may read my breast feeding experience here.
My Breast Feeding Experience

Recently I joined their year end BFM gathering and met many awesome mums who shared with me many useful tips on how to take care of baby such as food to introduce when baby reached 6 months old, how to sleep train baby & of course many nursing tips!






The event is well organized by a few of the mommies in the group. Thumbs up!

1. There was Baby-Led Weaning booth which provided information about how mums can introduce solid food by allowing baby to learn to self-feed.

2. Baby wearing demonstration where mums get to learn how to breast feed on the go with baby in carrier (awesome!). And also educated 
mums on the method of using different type of carriers (e.g. woven wrap, soft structured carrier, ringsling). 




3. Introduction to NTUC's U Family Mentorship programme 

4. Play areas for babies



Aedan enjoyed the play area :)




5. Food.
They provided light refreshments for all mommies. 




6. Goodie bag



- TheAsianParent cup 
- Pigeon Breast Pads 36 pcs
- Travel size Bepanthen nappy rash cream 
- Forever Aloe's Lips with jojoba for baby 
- Sample size Forever Aloe's Propolis creme, soothing massage lotion, soothing clear gel 


7. The best of all, mommies get to interact with each other! And babies get to meet other babies. 

I'm glad that I have attended the events and hope there will be more such events where  mommies can come together to share their experiences. 



You will realized that I did not include our group photos and photos with other mommies. This is because the Breast Feeding Mums group is a closed group which their admin make effort in screening the members before accepting them into the group. It's something that I like about this group too. Mommies can be comfortable to share their worries and problems, get advices & encouragment from other mommies in this group without worrying that the topic of discussion may be inappropriate for other males to see. 

I strongly encourage all breastfeeding mums to join the group to get more knowledge & support for breastfeeding! 

Happy reading,
Evelyn C. 


Like my fb page to follow my stories as it's where I connect with my readers. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...