Sunday, June 8, 2014

Korea Trip - Seoul Good

It has been really long since my last post.
Lot of things have happened during this period.
  1. I have visited 3 countries! Korea, Hong Kong and Batam (Montigo Resort)
  2. I have changed job! 
  3. I'm still living happily with my hubby. 

I love this quote "Change is the only constant"
While some things change, some things will nv change.

I guess I will have lot to update for my blog.
Firstly. I shall blog about my long overdue Korea trip!

And I am going to share our itinerary here. My hubby had made the effort to come with the daily itinerary.
I hope it will help those who are going to travel to Korea.

22 DEC 2013 (Touched down Seoul and feeling cold) 


We touched down Korea on 22 Dec 2013.
I remember the weather was freezing cold and we were not able to get a cab as most taxi drivers in Korea do not understand English street name. Luckily, we managed to find a Korean on the street who had helped us to translate.
*remember to print the destination street name in Korean.






We reached Seoul at 2230.
To save on transport expense, we did not take a cab straight from airport to our guesthouse.
Instead, we took the AREX to Seoul station (9 stops) and then transit from Seoul to Myeongdong (4 stops) which is the nearest station to our guesthouse. And took a cab to our guesthouse at CRIB49.

By Subway (Last Train to Seoul Station 23:45)
Incheon Airport Railroad Express (AREX) to Seoul (9 stops) - you can purchase the ticket on the spot.
Seoul to Myeongdong (4 stops) (72 min), 
cabbed from Myeongdong to CRIB49 (5-10 mins)


The owner of CRIB49 is a Korean who speaks good English. If I never remember wrongly, he mentioned that that he used to live in the United State for a few years.
The owner was really helpful and friendly. We called the owner at past midnight when were unable to direct the cab to the guesthouse and he helped us.

When we reached, he offered to order supper to be delivered to the guesthouse.
Korean Zha Jian Mian set!! 
It tasted awesome! Or maybe we were freaking hungry.

CRIB49 guesthouse crib.guesthouse@yahoo.com
Tel +82 10 5478 5981 / +82 10 5244 1279 / +82 70 8128 5981
49-28 Namsandong 2ga Jung-gu Seoul Korea










CRIB49 Guesthouse review:

The overall experience is good.
The place is reasonably clean.
The owner is friendly.
The environment is safe.
The price is reasonable so it's value for money.
The hindsight is there is a long slope to the guesthouse, so it is not recommended for elderly.
On the positive note, young one can take it as exercise before and after their daily Korean food indulgence.




On the 2nd day we went to Nami Island! Check out the next post.

With Love, 
Evelyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...